CIAG- is led and coordinated by a Management Board, headed by a Chairperson. The Board is the policy-making body, exercising the ultimate authority on behalf of the General membership, in the administration and management of CIAG-K. The Board has the task of providing direct supervision to all CIAG-K programmes and activities as implemented by the Secretariat, headed by a Executive Director.
CIAG-K Past and Current Activities
- Social Audit study of the devolved fund within 17 wards of Kisumu municipality-Devolved funds for whom? This was very successful and was serialized by both Daily Nation and East African Standard.
- Budget tracking of education Funds in Bondo, Migori and Kisumu Districts, under the umbrella of Elimu Yetu Coalition and Funding by Commonwealth Education Fund.
- Capacity Building of Youth groups on Social justice, human rights and enterprises in the greater Kisumu District(Nyando, Kisumu West and Kisumu East
- Currently CIAG-K together with Transparency international is engaging in the social audit advocacy programme in the western Kenya-(Western Kenya Alliance for Good Governance
- From the July 2009 to 2011 we will be implementing the project on Building the capacity of non state actors to prevent and resolved conflict as a result of post election violence –The project is three provinces Nyanza,Rift valley and Western Province.(CIAG-K is the lead local partner in Nyanza province in the E.U funded project.) The project is implemented by Kondrad Adenuer Stiftung in partnership with CIAG-K, MERA and CJPC.
- Together with Ujamaa Centre and Institute of Law and Environmental Governance, we are implementing a Natural resource governance project in Siaya,Bondo and Bunyala on- SECURING POLICY AND ADVOCACY SPACE TO DEVELOP OPTIONS THAT ADVANCE COMMUNITY INTERESTS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES.